Saturday, December 17, 2011

8 days CHINA SHANGHAI Tour - Day 03 Suzhou/Nanjing on December 8, 2011

The temperature in Shanghai, Suzhou, Wuxi, Hangzhou, Nanjing and Wuzhen area from December 6 - 12, 2011 was between -4°C to 10°C . We had to bring along Windbreaker or Jacket, Umberella or Rain Coat in case of changes in temperature or raining.

8D Jiangnan Tour: (December 6, 2011 - December 13, 2011)

The first destination after checking out from Nanyang Hotel, Suzhou we went to Silk factory - Helen continue to be our tour guide for another half a day before we continue our journey to Nanjing.

Visiting the Silk factory where we were able to watch a fashion show and learn how silk is made.




Guess her age? Look at her hands. After dipping in the water to process silk material for many years her hands are so smooth.








A short fashion show on Silk clothing - We are then taken to the shop in the factory to buy some silk clothing. Guess what, I did not buy any. I just bought the pillow and mattress protector.








It's makan time again (Lunch in one of Nanjing Restaurant) - Sifu taking us to the restaurant


A few types of the dishes which are my favourite




A picture taken in front of the restaurant - Forgot who took this picture for me. Can't see my face clearly. Maybe while taking picture his hand shiver due to the cold temperature.

Below are the photos of silk pillows and mattress protector that some of us bought.


In Nanjing - We arrive Sun Sun Yat Sen Tomb just before 4.00 pm (can't remember too well the exact time) - by shuttle





Dinner time at one of Nanjing Restaurant


This dish is called Salted Water Duck - I only tried a piece as I am not used to the taste. Maybe I should visit Nanjing more and I will have bigger portion of the duck in future.

Pictures of some other dishes that I love to eat.





Day 03 at Mandarin Garden Hotel, Nanjing

Poor vision taken. My camera did not work well at night.






After checking in to the hotel, we quickly changed and went to Confucious Temple Night Bazaar/Fuzi walking street. I managed to buy 3 sets of pajamas from one of the shops. Retail price was RMB197 each.

After discount was RMB85. One for Fiona the other for Eunice and one more for myself. I do not know why each time I go on a tour I will definately buy a few pajamas :)

Slept quite late again. Till another post of Day 04 Nanjing/Wuxi
Day 01 - Kuching/Singapore/Shanghai

Day 02 - Shanghai/Suzhou

0 comments :

Post a Comment